CoaXPress Device IP Package for Microchip FPGA
can transmit data at 12.5Gbps via coaxial cable
CoaXPress® is a digital interface for high-speed video transmission, and the standard was established by JIIA (Japan Industrial Imaging Association).
Using a 75Ω coaxial cable, CoaXPress not only achieves high-speed transmission of up to 12.5Gbps per cable from the camera to the host, but also enables the transmission of control packets and triggers from the host to the camera, as well as the supply of power.
As an upper layer of the CoaXPress standard, it is necessary to support the GenICam™ (Generic Interface for Cameras) standard.
We have many years of experience in supporting GenICam, and our CoaXPress IP comes with a software library that makes it easy to implement the GenICam standard.
The Microchip PolarFire FPGA supported by this IP is a very low power device with up to 12.7Gbps transceivers, making it a very suitable device for building machine vision cameras, including CoaXPress.
- Supports CoaXPress Version 2.0
- Up to 12.5 Gbps per lane
- Supports up to 4 connections (lanes)
- Includes a library for RISC-V that supports the main features of GenICam and CoaXPress
- Automatic XML generation eliminates the need to write XML manually and the risk of Syntax Error
|CoaXPress Version||Ver 2.0|
|Transfer direction||Tx (camera side)|
|Maximum transfer rate||12.5Gbps(Ver 2.0)|
|Maximum number of connections||4|
|Maximum number of Streams||1|
|GenApi Schema Version||1.1|
Features Naming Convention
- Microchip PolarFire FPGA
Device Resource Utilization
The amount of resources used by the IP core
Reference Design Software Architecture (RISC-V)
- Key features of GenICam and CoaXPress are provided as a pre-tested library
- XML files are generated from the GenICam Device Library based on the parameters set in the GenICam Device Firmware
Demo Configuration / Evaluation System
- The IP Package includes a reference design that allows you to verify the operation of the Macnica CoaXPress 2.0 FMC Card in combination with the Microchip's PolarFire FPGA Development Kit MPF300-EVAL-KIT. The reference design has a pattern generator as a video source and can display video using a commercially available grabber board. It is also compatible with GenICam and can be controlled from the grabber side to switch patterns and video formats.
An evaluation package is also available. Please contact us for details.
- Certified Grabber Boards
- AVAL DATA: APX-3664, APX-36124
- Euresys: Coaxlink Quad G3, Coaxlink Quad CXP-12
- Matrox: Rapixo CXP
- FPGA IP
- Reference Design
- Project for Libero SoC (including RISC-V, peripheral modules, etc.)
- RISC-V FW
- GenICam library, CoaXPress library, IP driver
- Application templates, etc. (reference source code)