CoaXPress Device IP Package for Intel FPGA
can transmit data at 12.5Gbps via coaxial cable
CoaXPress® is a digital interface for high-speed video transmission, and the standard was established by JIIA (Japan Industrial Imaging Association).
Using a 75Ω coaxial cable, CoaXPress not only achieves high-speed transmission of up to 12.5Gbps per cable from the camera to the host, but also enables the transmission of control packets and triggers from the host to the camera, as well as the supply of power.
As an upper layer of the CoaXPress standard, it is necessary to support the GenICam™ (Generic Interface for Cameras) standard.
We have a lot of experience in supporting GenICam for GigE Vision® and USB3 Vision®, and our CoaXPress IP comes with a software library that makes it easy to implement the GenICam standard.
- Supports CoaXPress Version 2.0
- Up to 12.5 Gbps (Version 2.0) per lane
- Supports up to 4 connections (lanes)
- Supports up to 4 Streams
- Includes a library that supports the main features of GenICam and CoaXPress
- Automatic XML generation eliminates the need to write XML manually and the risk of Syntax Error
- Tested under “Inter Operability Test” by JIIA
|CoaXPress Version||Ver 2.0|
|Transfer direction||Tx (camera side)|
|Maximum transfer rate||12.5Gbps(Ver 2.0)|
|Maximum number of connections||4|
|Maximum number of Streams||4|
|GenApi Schema Version||1.1|
Features Naming Convention
- Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX
- Intel® Arria® 10 GX
* Please contact our sales department for the support status of other devices.
Device Resource Utilization
Example of resource usage for a single IP
Reference Design Software Architecture
- Key features of GenICam and CoaXPress are provided as a pre-tested library
- XML files are generated from the GenICam Device Library based on the parameters set in the GenICam Device Firmware
Demo Configuration / Evaluation System
- The IP Package includes a reference design that allows you to verify the operation of Macnica CoaXPress 2.0 FMC Card in combination with the Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit or Cyclone 10 GX FPGA Development Kit. The reference design has a pattern generator as a video source and can display video using a commercially available grabber board. It is also compatible with GenICam and can be controlled from the grabber side to switch patterns and video formats.
An evaluation package is also available. Please contact us for details.
- The following products are also available for demonstration/evaluation.
- Certified Grabber Boards
- AVAL DATA: APX-3664, APX-36124
- Euresys: Coaxlink Quad G3, Coaxlink Quad CXP-12
- Matrox: Rapixo CXP
- FPGA IP
- Encrypted RTL for Quartus Prime Pro
- Reference Design
- Projects for Quartus Prime Pro (including Qsys, CPU, etc.)
- GenICam library, CoaXPress library, IP driver
- Application templates, etc. (reference source code)