SLVS-EC RX IP
Next generation Sony CMOS image sensor interface
SLVS-EC Rx IP provides SLVS-EC interface for Altera FPGA to receive image sensor data.
SLVS-EC is Sony’s upcoming high-speed interface for next-generation high-resolution CMOS image sensors.
This standard is tolerant of lane-to-lane skew because of embedded clock technology, so that it makes a board level design very easy in terms of high-speed and long distance transmission.
- Compliant with SLVS-EC Specification Version 1.2
- Supports various functions defined by the SLVS-EC Link layer (Altera PCS/PMA is used as Physical layer)
- Supports Byte-to-Pixel conversion for various lane-configurations
- Supports Header analysis and Payload error detection
|Number of Lanes||1, 2, 4, 6, 8|
|Baud Grade||1, 2|
|Bit per Pixel||8, 10, 12, 14|
|Dynamic Mode Change||Supported|
|Multiple Stream||If needed|
* The operating frequency may not be achievable depending on the speed grade, number of lanes, and other factors of the FPGA used.
(* Please contact Macnica sales department for information about limitations.)
- Cyclone V GX
- Arria 10 GX
* Please contact Macnica sales department for information about other devices.
- Encrypted RTL (Verilog HDL)
- Reference design
- Simulation environment (For ModelSim)
- User's manual, Reference manual
Device Resource Utilization
Resource Utilization in case of 8 LANE Full Configuration
|Items||Cyclone® V GX||Arria® 10 GX|
|w/o ECC||w/ECC||w/o ECC||w/ECC|
|Total block memory bits||4096||13312||2560||11776|
* The above values are estimated resource utilization of the IP and Transceivers. They may vary depending on your system configuration.
Data output from Sony CMOS image sensor via SLVS-EC is received by the FPGA.
The FPGA outputs RAW still image to USB3.0 and live video image to HDMI respectively.
In addition to SLVS-EC Rx IP, another Mpression family IP, “HDMI 2.0 Tx IP” is also used in this demonstration.
Please contact Macnica Sales Department for electrical characterization for Intel FPGA devices regarding SLVS-EC specifications.